On Dec 15, 2014, at 5:58 PM, Doug Hellmann <d...@doughellmann.com> wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2014, at 3:21 PM, Doug Hellmann <d...@doughellmann.com> wrote:
>
>> The issue with stable/juno jobs failing because of the difference in the
>> SQLAlchemy requirements between the older applications and the newer oslo.db
>> is being addressed with a new release of the 1.2.x series. We will then cap
>> the requirements for stable/juno to 1.2.1. We decided we did not need to
>> raise the minimum version of oslo.db allowed in kilo, because the old
>> versions of the library do work, if they are installed from packages and not
>> through setuptools.
>>
>> Jeremy created a feature/1.2 branch for us, and I have 2 patches up [1][2]
>> to apply the requirements fix. The change to the oslo.db version in
>> stable/juno is [3].
>>
>> After the changes in oslo.db merge, I will tag 1.2.1.
>
> After spending several hours exploring a bunch of options to make this
> actually work, some of which require making changes to test job definitions,
> grenade, or other long-term changes, I’m proposing a new approach:
>
> 1. Undo the change in master that broke the compatibility with versions of
> SQLAlchemy by making master match juno: https://review.openstack.org/141927
> 2. Update oslo.db after ^^ lands.
> 3. Tag oslo.db 1.4.0 with a set of requirements compatible with Juno.
> 4. Change the requirements in stable/juno to skip oslo.db 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3.
>
> I’ll proceed with that plan tomorrow morning (~15 hours from now) unless
> someone points out why that won’t work in the mean time.

I just reset a few approved patches that were not going to land because of this
issue to kick them out of the gate to expedite landing part of the fix. I did
this by modifying their commit messages. I tried to limit the changes to simple
cosmetic tweaks, so if you see a weird change to one of your patches that’s
probably why.