> Am 27.01.2015 um 16:51 schrieb Jay Pipes <jaypi...@gmail.com>:

[…snip...]

> a) I agree with Sean and Matt here that this is an optional dependency and
> belongs in the deployment documentation and configuration management manifests
>
> b) The Glance API image cache can use xattr if SQLite is not desired [1], and
> Glance does *not* list xattr as a dependency in requirements.txt. Swift also
> has a dependency on python-xattr [2]. So, this particular Python library is
> not an unknown by any means.
Do you happen to know how Glance handles this if the dep. is not handled in
requirements.txt?

> c) Remember that even if you install python-xattr, that still doesn't mean it
> will automatically work. You still need to enable a filesystem that supports
> atime (i.e. noatime must not be set in fstab for the filesystem) [3]. Just an
> FYI.
In our case the Quobyte file system does support that metadata and we use it to
verify that a QB volume was mounted.

Best regards
Silvan

> Best,
> -jay
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/openstack/glance/blob/master/glance/image_cache/drivers/xattr.py
> [2] https://github.com/openstack/swift/blob/master/requirements.txt#L11
> [3]
> https://github.com/openstack/glance/blob/master/glance/image_cache/drivers/xattr.py#L23-L24

*Quobyte* GmbH
Boyenstr. 41 - 10115 Berlin-Mitte - Germany
+49-30-814 591 800 - www.quobyte.com
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 149012B
management board: Dr. Felix Hupfeld, Dr. Björn Kolbeck, Dr. Jan Stender