On Jan 30, 2015, at 4:57 PM, Everett Toews <everett.to...@rackspace.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Something we in the API WG keep bumping into are misconceptions around what
> our mission really is. There’s general agreement in the WG about our mission
> but we haven’t formalized it.
>
> It’s really highlighted the need for a mission statement/elevator
> pitch/mantra that we can repeat to people who are encountering us in a review
> or IRC meeting or whatever for the first time. Let’s keep it short and sweet,
> 2-3 sentences max.
>
> What is the API WG mission statement?
>
> Let’s discuss.
>
> Thanks,
> Everett

Here’s my take,

To converge the OpenStack APIs to a consistent and pragmatic RESTful design by
creating guidelines that the projects should follow. The intent is not to
create backwards incompatible changes in existing APIs, but to have new APIs
and future versions of existing APIs converge.

Everett