On 02/02/2015 02:51 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 23:05 +0000, Everett Toews wrote:
To converge the OpenStack APIs to a consistent and pragmatic RESTful
design by creating guidelines that the projects should follow. The
intent is not to create backwards incompatible changes in existing
APIs, but to have new APIs and future versions of existing APIs
converge.

It's looking good already. I think it would be good also to mention the
end-recipients of the consistent and pragmatic RESTful design so that
whoever reads the mission is reminded why that's important. Something
like:

         To improve developer experience converging the OpenStack API to
         a consistent and pragmatic RESTful design. The working group
         creates guidelines that all OpenStack projects should follow,
         avoids introducing backwards incompatible changes in existing
         APIs and promotes convergence of new APIs and future versions of
         existing APIs.

After reading all the mails in this thread, I've decided that Stef's suggested mission statement above is the one I think best represents what we're trying to do.

That said, I think it should begin "To improve developer experience *by* converging" ... :)

Best,
-jay