Hi Folks,

I just wanted to share some details on the Intel CI testing strategy for NFV.

You will see two Intel CIs commenting:
#1: Intel-PCI-CI
- Yongli He and Shane Wang are leading this effort for us.
- The focus in this environment is on PCIe and SR-IOV specific testing.
- Commenting back to review.openstack.org has started.

#2: Intel-Networking-CI
- Waldemar Znoinski is leading this effort for us.
- This is really two separate environments under the hood.
- The focus of one environment is on our new Neutron ML2 mechanism driver that
is in development on stackforge for ovs accelerated with DPDK (i.e.
networking-ovs-dpdk). This environment is containers based and commenting back
to review.openstack.org has started.
- The focus of the second environment is on NUMA (CPU & I/O), CPU pinning and
Huge Pages. The tests will be executed on bare-metal based environment and the
plan is to have the tests run on this environment commenting back in a few
weeks.

The combination of PCIe + SR-IOV + NUMA (CPU & I/O) + CPU Pinning + Huge Pages
+ networking-ovs-dpdk (mech driver) represents our contribution to NFV testing
and we think should cover the NFV extensions going into Kilo that require a CI
environment. We would really welcome your feedback on this.

We will leverage as many of the related tests as possible that are submitted
upstream, so the ones noted by Vladik above are of particular interest.

Regards,
Adrian

Intel Shannon Limited
Registered in Ireland
Registered Number: 308263
Business address: Dromore House, East Park, Shannon, Co. Clare

use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution by others is
sender and delete all copies.