On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Tony Breeds <t...@bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>     In September I started working on a simple (but controvertial) fix in
> nova[1]
> to avoid some disk corruption issues.  John kindly ran with a similar fix to
> cinder[2].
> John's review ended up in merge conflict so I tried my own version [3].
>
> While (trying) to add workarounds to nova (and cinder) upstream qemu-img was
> fixed.  A tracking page for distros was maintained [4].  At the nova mid-cycle
> it was decided that enough distros had the fix that juno and kilo would mostly
> be unaffected.
>
> So my question is pretty simple.  Does Cinder want/need the fix?  If so I'll
> work on knocking [3] into shape if not I'll abandon it.
>
> Yours Tony.
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/123957
> [2] https://review.openstack.org/141259
> [3] https://review.openstack.org/143575
> [4] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Bug1368815

Hi Tony,

Thanks for sending this out, and for the complete summary.  I'm
inclined to lean towards working the option for Cinder personally.
Granted it looks like the update is in the distro packages to fix
this, but I'm wondering about backport and cases for installs that are
on say 12.04?  Maybe that's not an issue?

Anybody else have thoughts on this?

Thanks,
John