Hi all,
    In September I started working on a simple (but controvertial) fix in
nova[1]
to avoid some disk corruption issues.  John kindly ran with a similar fix to
cinder[2].
John's review ended up in merge conflict so I tried my own version [3].

While (trying) to add workarounds to nova (and cinder) upstream qemu-img was
fixed.  A tracking page for distros was maintained [4].  At the nova mid-cycle
it was decided that enough distros had the fix that juno and kilo would mostly
be unaffected.

So my question is pretty simple.  Does Cinder want/need the fix?  If so I'll
work on knocking [3] into shape if not I'll abandon it.

Yours Tony.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/123957
[2] https://review.openstack.org/141259
[3] https://review.openstack.org/143575