On 02/24/2015 05:46 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2015-02-24 10:00:51 -0800 (-0800), Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
[...]
Recently, I have spent a lot more time waiting on reviews than I
have spent writing the actual code.

That's awesome, assuming what you mean here is that you've spent
more time reviewing submitted code than writing more. That's where
we're all falling down as a project and should be doing better, so I
applaud your efforts in this area.

I can't tell if your statement should be taken at face value, or is a subtle dig indicating that everyone should be reviewing other people's code rather than writing more of their own.

Taking it at face value, I interpret him to mean that he has some features that he would like to submit, and they're blocked waiting for core reviewers. I've gone through that myself--it can take a long time to get meaningful feedback, much longer than I've experienced in other open-source projects.

Taking it as a dig, sometimes people just have their one itch to scratch and the rest of the project is "good enough" for them, and I think that's actually okay.

Chris