I don't think plans B & C are any benefit for  anyone based on the statements
discussed earlier so won't be repeating those. One thing I like about plan D is
that it would give also indicator how much the stable branch has moved in each
individual project.

Yes this can be seen from git, but also having just running number on the
stable release for each commit would be really quick glimpse opposed to SHAs or
counting  the changes from git  log.

- Erno