On 09/03/16 19:52, Michael Krotscheck wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 7:58 AM Monty Taylor <mord...@inaugust.com
> <mailto:mord...@inaugust.com>> wrote:
>

>     > SOLUTION 4: vendor the javascript
>     >
>     > Heh.
>
>     Heh indeed.
>
>     SOLUTION 4.alt: use npm/bower instead of xstatic to pull the javascript.
>

> +1. Let's move the codebase forward, instead of continuing to build
> hacky workarounds for poor past architectural decisions.

Coming from a distro perspective:

4.alt.2:
move to proper packages for static file management. I mean, they need to
be built anyways.

It has been mentioned, xstatic packages can block the gate. We currently
control xstatic package releases, thus we can roll back, if something
goes wrong.

If we're pulling directly with npm/bower, someone from the outside can
break us. We already have the situation with pypi packages.
With proper packages, we could even use the gate to release those
packages and thus verify, we're not breaking anyone.

Matthias

--
Matthias Runge <mru...@redhat.com>

Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham,
                    Michael O'Neill