Le 09/03/2016 23:41, Matt Fischer a écrit :
This is not the first time. Monasca and Murano had a collision too[1]. When this happens the changes trickle down into automation tools also and complicates things.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/murano/+bug/1505785

IMHO, all that info has to be standardized in the Service Catalog. That's where endpoint informations can be found for a specific service type and that's the basement for cross-project communication.

FWIW, there is one cross-project spec trying to clean-up the per-project bits that are not common https://github.com/openstack/openstack-specs/blob/master/specs/service-catalog.rst

I'm torn between 2 opinions :
- either we consider that all those endpoints are (or should be - for those which aren't) manageable thru config options, and thus that's not a problem we should solve. Any operator can then modify the ports to make sure that two conflicting big-tent projects can work together. - or, we say that it can be a concern for interoperability, and then we should somehow ensure that all projects can work together. Then, a documentation link isn't enough IMHO, we should rather test that.