Release team,

At one point Doug had indicated all projects would automatically branch on
tagging of rc1.  I notice in git no Kolla stable/newton branch exists. Fwiw
this is actually a good thing, because 33 patches have merged since rc1
relating to things that need to go into Newton, dramatically reducing the
amount of backport work we need to do.  Part of this was error on my part – not
validating all FFE blueprints that were marked Implemented were actually
implemented.  One related to monitoring (and part of the 33 patches since rc1)
was actually “Needs Review” rather than Implemented (as it was marked).

I don’t want Kolla to be a special snowflake wrt release processes, and we can
live with a branch on rc1.  A branch on rc2 would be far better for us as we
have roughly 250 bugs to triage or fix.  I leave it in the release team’s
capable judgement to decide best on a course of action.

I would request that the expected time of branch be communicated clearly to us
for the Newton cycle.  I have been communicating with our team that rc1 is
where we branch.  Folks are now asking “where is the Newton branch of Kolla?”

Thanks!
-steve