On 9/20/2016 4:17 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
On 9/20/2016 7:38 AM, Alan Pevec wrote:
  (3) Do nothing, leave the bug unfixed in stable/liberty

That was the unspoken third option, thanks for spelling it out. :-)

Yes, let's abandon both reviews.

Cheers,
Alan

I'd rather not bump the minimum on oslo.concurrency given the transitive
dependencies that would be pulled in which required higher minimums.

So if I had to choose I'd go with the nova backport with the workaround:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/327624/

Which logs an error if you don't have a new enough oslo.concurrency.

But I'm also fine with just considering this a latent bug as danpb
pointed out and let downstream packagers/vendors handle it as they see fit.

BTW, with my downstream hat on, if I were backporting this and packaging it, I'd personally cherry pick the oslo.concurrency fix that is required to whatever version of oslo.concurrency we shipped in each release and bump the patch version on our rpm. Then patch the nova fix in and make the nova rpm dependent on that patched oslo.concurrency rpm version. But that's just me. We were constrained by legal approval on which versions of something we could ship, and after a release those were basically frozen, so we couldn't just pick up new minimums and would workaround that by patching in the fixes we actually needed and tied the dependent versions between the rpms.

Matt Riedemann