Hiya,

On 24/09/2016 03:46, Mike Perez wrote:
On 11:03 Sep 21, Doug Hellmann wrote:

A separate mailing list just for “important announcements” would
need someone to decide what is “important”. It would also need
everyone to be subscribed, or we would have to cross-post to the
existing list. That’s why we use topic tags on the mailing list, so
that it is possible to filter messages based on what is important
to the reader, rather than the sender.

This has came up in the past and I have suggested that people who
can't spend that much time on the lists to refer to the Dev Digest at
blog.openstack.org which mentioned the PTL elections being open.

Fwiw, I'd endorse Mike's comments about the Dev digest - it's an easily
digestible (sorry!) and concise summary of what's happening on
openstack-dev - I refer to it regularly myself.

Two other sources that come to mind for less detailed but topical
summaries of traffic are Jason Baker's summary on opensource.com [0] and
Lwood [1] which I put together each week.  Both flag upcoming Election
related topics pretty reliably and might suit some folk.

For what my $0.20 is worth I don't think splitting out into further
logistics or announcement oriented lists would be beneficial in the long
term.

Cheers,
Hugh

[0] https://opensource.com/business/16/9/openstack-news-september-26