This is exactly what we are planning to do.  Work is ongoing to add
to_json_schema
support for every VersionedObject field [1]. Then we would like to add a small
tool to nova that makes it possible to generate the json schemas for the
versioned
notifications [2]. Meanwhile we continue to transform legacy notifications to a
versioned
format [3].

As soon as you have json schema you can find (or create) tools that generate an
object
model and a parser from the json schema of the notifications in any modern
language.

I hope this work in nova will servers as an example for other OpenStack project
and
in the end OpenStack will have well defined and easy to consume notifications.

Any feedback on our plans are highly appreciated.

Cheers,
gibi

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/json-schema-for-versioned-object,n,z
[2]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/json-schema-for-versioned-notifications
[3] https://vntburndown-gibi.rhcloud.com/index.html

Great! :)

Any thoughts on the ideas/burndown for the other projects that emit events (aka, going and doing similar changes, is there a list of other projects that need to have changes, ie glance, neutron, keystone (I think))?

-Josh