On 10/17/2016 08:43 PM, Adam Harwell wrote:
> Jim, that is exactly my thought -- the main focus of g-r as far as I was
> aware is to maintain interoperability between project dependencies for
> openstack deploys, and since our amphora image is totally separate, it
> should not be restricted to g-r requirements.

The fact that we have a unified version number of a given lib in all of
OpenStack is also because that's a requirement of downstream distros.

Imagine that someone would like to build the Octavia image using
exclusively packages from <your-favorite-distro-here>...

> I brought this up, but
> others thought it would be prudent to go the g-r route anyway.

It is, and IMO you should go this route.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)