On Oct 17, 2016 17:32, "Thomas Goirand" <z...@debian.org> wrote:

> On 10/17/2016 08:43 PM, Adam Harwell wrote:
> > Jim, that is exactly my thought -- the main focus of g-r as far as I was
> > aware is to maintain interoperability between project dependencies for
> > openstack deploys, and since our amphora image is totally separate, it
> > should not be restricted to g-r requirements.
>
> The fact that we have a unified version number of a given lib in all of
> OpenStack is also because that's a requirement of downstream distros.
>
> Imagine that someone would like to build the Octavia image using
> exclusively packages from <your-favorite-distro-here>...
>
> > I brought this up, but
> > others thought it would be prudent to go the g-r route anyway.
>
> It is, and IMO you should go this route.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

For the record uwsgi was not (at least at one point) allowed in g-r as it
was not a "runtime dependency" it was to be installed more like apache
mod_wsgi at the time. Gunicorn could fall into the same category, it is
meant to be used in conjunction with the runtime but not be a hard
requirement for the runtime itself.