I'm inclined to agree with you, Anne. My main concern is that, while I think
what Hugh does is valuable, I'm unsure how to give him the recognition
(especially in light of the fact that the "Active User Contributor" status is
still non-existent).

I'll give this thread another 24 hours or so, then report back to Hugh with the
findings. At this stage, I think there's not enough support to grant him extra
ATC status, so if you disagree now would be the time to yell about it.

Lana