On 01/12/2018 07:21 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 3:27 PM, Dan Radez wrote:
>> fwiw
>> We've been building arm images for tripleo and posting them.
>> https://images.rdoproject.org/aarch64/pike/delorean/current-tripleo-rdo/
>>

>> This uses delorean and overcloud build:
>>
>>     DIB_YUM_REPO_CONF+="/etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-deps-${OSVER}.repo
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-${OSVER}.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/ceph.repo
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/radez.fedorapeople.repo" \
>>     openstack --debug overcloud image build \
>>         --config-file overcloud-aarch64.yaml \
>>         --config-file
>> /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-common/image-yaml/overcloud-images.yaml \
>>         --config-file
>> /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-common/image-yaml/overcloud-images-centos7.yaml
>>     # --config-file overcloud-images.yaml --config-file
>> overcloud-images-centos7.yaml --config-file aarch64-gumpf.yaml --image-name
>>     #openstack --debug overcloud image build --type overcloud-full
>> --node-arch aarch64
>>
>> It's not quite an orthodox RDO build, There are still a few things in
>> place that work around arm related packaging discrepancies or x86
>> related configs. But we get good builds from it.
>>
>> I don't know the details of what overcloud build does to the dib builds,
>> Though I don't believe these are whole disk images. I think the
>> overcloud and undercloud are root partition images and the kernel an
>> initrd are composed into the disk for the overcloud by OOO and we direct
>> boot them to launch a undercloud VM.
>>
>> Happy to share details if anyone wants more.
>>
>> Radez
> Looking into this a big more `openstack overcloud image build` takes in the
> yaml config files you list and converts that into a forked diskimage-builder
> process to build an image. The centos7 dib element in particular seems to
> have aarch64 support via building on top of the upstream centos7 aarch64
> image. We do use the centos-minimal element for our images though as it
> allows us to do things like install glean. Chances are we still need need to
> sort out UEFI and GPT for general dib use.
>
> Just to be sure there isn't any other magic going on can you provide the
> contents of the overcloud-aarch64.yaml or point to where it can be found? It
> doesn't appear to be in tripleo-common with the other configs.
>
> It is good to know that this is working in some cases though.
>
> Clark

The centos support that's there is because I added it. :)
Here's the overcloud-aarch64 file, Its purpose is just to switch the
arch for the two images built.
I think the packages reference was because there was a missing dep that
has since been resolved.

[stack@localhost ~]$ cat overcloud-aarch64.yaml
  disk_images:
  -