On 02/02/2018 05:15 PM, Ian Wienand wrote:
> - Once that is done, it should be straight forward to add a
>    nodepool-builder in the cloud and have it build images, and zuul
>    should be able to launch them just like any other node (famous last
>    words).

This roughly turned out to be correct :)

In short, we now have ready xenial arm64 based nodes.  If you request
an ubuntu-xenial-arm64 node it should "just work"

There are some caveats:

 - I have manually installed a diskimage-builder with the changes from
   [1] downwards onto nb03.openstack.org.  These need to be finalised
   and a release tagged before we can remove nb03 from the emergency
   file (just means, don't run puppet on it).  Reviews welcome!

 - I want to merge [2] and related changes to expose the image build
   logs, and also the webapp end-points so we can monitor active
   nodes, etc.  It will take some baby-sitting so I plan on doing this
   next week.

 - We have mirror.cn1.linaro.openstack.org, but it's not mirroring
   anything that useful for arm64.  We need to sort out mirroring of
   ubuntu ports, maybe some wheel builds, etc.

 - There's currently capacity for 8 nodes.  So please take that into
   account when adding jobs.

Everything seems in good shape at the moment.  For posterity, here is
the first ever arm64 ready node:

 nodepool@nl03:/var/log/nodepool$ nodepool list | grep arm64
 | 0002683657 | linaro-cn1 | ubuntu-xenial-arm64 |
c7bb6da6-52e5-4aab-88f1-ec0f1b392a0c | 211.148.24.200  |
                | ready    | 00:00:03:43 | unlocked |

:)

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/547161