On May 16, 2011, at 12:33 PM, Dave Walker wrote:
> Hi Vish,
>
> This is really useful to know, thank you for the highlevel outline.
>
> I didn't quite understand the "Consistent Auth", and what it means for ec2
> api for the Diablo release.  Would you be able to confirm the extent /
> roadmap of the ec2 api breakage expected?  Are you expecting the base ec2 api
> functionality to be near stable throughout the transition, or are you
> expecting large breakage?

If you will be tracking milestone releases, there will most likely be breakages
relating to roles and authz.  It may also require using a modified ec2 access
key for a while as we determine the best way to map access and secret keys
using keystone.

> In regards to the loss of RBAC, is this expected to be transitional; and be
> fixable in time for Diabalo release?  Essentially, can you clarify
> "equivalent features".  The blueprint[0] or specification on the wiki[1]
> doesn't seem to mention "ec2' anywhere, can you confirm where this was
> discussed?

Authz checking will most likely be moving out of the top level apis, so that a
deployment can have consistent authz regardless of which api a user is using.
That means that a certain level of access can be specified for launching
instances and it would apply to the euca-run-instances and the servers create
apis.

> I'd also like to check if consideration on how this might impact possible
> future implementation of comparative feature of AWS Identity and Access
> Management (IAM)[2] support in both ec2 and openstack API was discussed?

we haven't discussed IAM

> Additionally, are the logs of the PTL's meeting available anywhere?

It was an impromptu meeting that was held in openstack-meeting last tuesday,
but we neglected to use the start-meeting and stop-meeting directives so it
looks like it wasn't logged anywhere.