On 16/05/11 21:06, Brian Lamar wrote:
Dave,

While I'm not Vish, I have been working on/around authentication for the past
couple weeks and I'll provide my thoughts.

EC2 and OpenStack Nova APIs should not be affected by the authentication work going on.
The Keystone project is the only candidate I'm aware of, and it seems like it is, or soon
will be, a good candidate for integration into the stack. Migration to a separate
authentication service is going to be tricky, but the goal is to do it as seamlessly as
possible. "Near stable" should be able to be promised.

This is the phased approach myself and Brian Waldon have been playing around
with:
http://wiki.openstack.org/Nova/AuthManagerSpec

Keystone should be able to provide the features of IAM.

I'm not able to find the PTL meeting logs, perhaps a #startmeeting was never
issued for it? I was eavesdropping at the time but can't find the logs, perhaps
someone can find them or send them out. The meeting I'm refering to was right
after this:

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack-meeting/2011/openstack-meeting.2011-05-10-21.01.log.html

<SNIP>

Thanks Vish and Brian for your replies, it makes more sense now. I did find the meeting in my IRC logs here:
http://pb.daviey.com/U0db/

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker