From: openstack-bounces+salvatore.orlando=eu.citrix....@lists.launchpad.net
[mailto:openstack-bounces+salvatore.orlando=eu.citrix....@lists.launchpad.net]
On Behalf Of Ewan Mellor
Sent: 21 March 2012 20:11
To: Kieran Evans; openstack@lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Devstack +XCP/XenServer Kernel Panic

I've never seen that kernel panic before.  If you're building on an NFS share
though, that often screws up the permissions.  You could have root-squashing
turned on, and then every file that's supposed to be owned by root is owned by
an unprivileged user instead.  It wouldn't surprise me that this freaks out the
init process.

I'd try building somewhere else and see if that helps.  Or see whether you've
got root-squashing or some other permission-modifying option turned on.

Cheers,

Ewan.