Thank You!
It'll be a few more days before all the parts I need will have
arrived, will post results for those that follow!

FYI - The RPi Zero uses the same Broadcom chipset as the RPi 1, not the 2 or 3.
Diff between the RPi Zero and the first generation RPi are
- overclocked from 700mhz to 1Ghz
- Not different than RPi 1, but it should be noted has only one core
(Unlike RPi 2 and RPi 3)
- aside from mini-HDMI and some curious alt-video optional pins I
don't know anyone is using, there is only one micro USB port for I/O
(plus GPIO pins).
- Entire board approx. 1/3 the size of the other RPi

As for "Gadget drivers" I'm only expecting support for anything that
connects through the USB port, anything else connected through the
GPIO pins definitely needs a software library which of course would be
specific to whatever language code is running.

Tony