On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 10:54:41 +0000
LOIC DEVULDER <loic.devul...@mpsa.com> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I have a Nexbox z68 android TV box with a RK3368 processor that I
> want to play with. This box is like the GeekBox but cheaper (I bought
> mine for 30€). And, of course, also with less connectors, but it’s
> really cheap for a 2GB RAM / 16GB eMMC box. The hardware of the two

Hello,

I have a Chinese RK based TV box lying on my table. Not sure about the
exact details - been a while since I looked at it.

The interesting bit is that it has three USB2 A connectors. Two of
these are wired to the host controller and the third to the OTG
controller. In the Android firmware the box came with there was a
settings option to turn the OTG connector from host to device and use
ADB and rkflashtool. https://github.com/crewrktablets/rkflashtools

With these I pulled the firmware partitions from the device and modded
a boot script to keep the OTG connector in device mode and that's as
as far as I went.

You can try to upload a kernel with rkflashtool without writing the
in-device storage which might be helpful for unstable/development
kernels.

HTH

Michal