Hi,

I think it'll be better to start a bug about this, but, first I want to 
comment it before. May isn't really a bug :)

My hardware is a ahlon64 3000+, ga-k8vt800, 512MB TwinOS 400MHz and a Maxtor 
SATA disk. I'm using 10.0-64 (upgraded from 10.0rc1) and my swap partition is 
about 1000MB (not the GB)

The problem is thar sometime my desktop freezes  (blank screen or the lastest 
view without mouse or keyboard interaction) and the HD start to work hard. If 
I'm patient, from 5 to10 minuts later my desktop came back and I see (on the 
System Monitor Applet of KDE for example)  that the swap is fulled.  Apps run 
very slow an the HD is working fulltime.  I can restart my user session and 
everything works nice again, but I don't see it as the real solution :)

The apps I'm running normally  are Kontact (feeds, mail, calendar and 
adressbook), Kopete, amaroK,  basKet, susewatcher, knemo, kmixer, kgpg, 
kpowersave, Konqueror (more than 5 tabs minimum), konsole, kile, ksystem 
monitor, kicker/kdesktop, mldonkey...   I 've about 30% of the ram free most 
times.

I've notized in Suse 9.2-64 the same slowdown, but I don't take care of it 
because I was trying different distros, may be it was no related to this. But 
the main thing, I didn't get this problems with other distros like Slamd64 
and Kubuntu (with the same swap). In bugzilla I can't find nothing about swap 
that seems to be related to this.  

I'm trying to find some info about swapiness on the diferent distros, and I'm 
suspicious about kpowersave.  What do you think about? Are there more people 
with the same problem?


Cheers and thanks to try to undestand my 'spanglish'  :)



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to