On Monday 28 January 2008 13:09, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> Montag, 28. Januar 2008 James Tremblay:
> > ON a positive note , all of us who use linux are helping simply by
> > not forcing new computers to have  to made.
>
> This notion keeps popping up among linux people. To actually verify it
> I suggest you install opensuse 10.3 on a box that's 4 years old. You
> will not be pleased.

I have an AMD K6 (1.4 GHz, 512 MB memory) that is definitely older than 4
years. It has had SuSE (or whatever they were called at the time) 9.1, 9.3,
10.1, 10.2 and currently has openSUSE 10.3 on it.

This is a desktop machine (no real server functions) but as a desktop my
experience has been that each release *seems* faster than the previous one.
(Most likely this is due to improvements in KDE specifically).

--
Don