On Thursday 26 July 2007 00:37, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 12:07:12AM +0200, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> > I've had a closer look at openvas-plugins.
> > As Renaud suggested, I applied
> > $ grep -i  "script_copyright.*Tenable.*" scripts/*
> >
> > and got these hits:
>
> (...)
>
> These plugins where included in the 2.2.4 release, which IIRC, was GPLd
> (exclusively) since this was released before the Nessus plugins license
> change. I've also found them on (later) versions of the GPL feed (in 2.2.6
> and 2.2.9, for example)

this is good news :-)
May I ask you to check whether the 6 plugins are identical to those
distributed under GPL?

> In any case, they do not have proper GPL (or any other license) headers
> (nor do many other NASL plugins, BTW).

But they have been released in a GPL package. Many times. I think
it is save to assume, this was intentionally.

Of course, it is better to add a license note to any of the files.
This should be done once a team for plugin maintenance has
established. BTW: Still searching for team members.

Best

        Jan
--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner                                   Intevation GmbH