(Ugh, I submitted this in the wrong thread, I feel dumb.  Trying
again...)

 yum install cmake

 I'll also pass on a word of caution:   I just got Openvas Scanner,
Manager, and GSA running on a similar CentOS 5 after a bit of trial and
error.    The former two I installed from packages at Atomic repo, the
GSA I did from source.  In addition to CMAKE, you're gonna need a later
version of glib.  But you won't get a later version from yum, so you got
to install that too from source.   And you don't want to replace CentOS
glib unless you want a dependency mess.

 Passing on to you what worked for me :

 1.  Download latest glib from
 2.  Extract and do the usual (putting glib in /opt to avoid conflicts
with CentOS package installer):
                  ./configure --prefix=/opt/glib
                  make &">On Mon 25/10/10 5:25 AM ,
"Hans-J. Ullrich" hans.ullr...@loop.de sent:
 Am Montag, 25. Oktober 2010 schrieb Sachin Murudkar:
 > Hi
 >
 > I am trying to install openvas on my system when I do "./configure" it
 > works without any error but when I do "make" it returns with an error
 >
 > cd base &">> -DSYSCONFDIR=/usr/local/etc -DLOCALSTATEDIR=/usr/local/var
 > -DLIBDIR=/usr/local/lib -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=OFF
 > -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug &">> /bin/sh: cmake: command not found
 > make: *** [all] Error 127
 >

 > I am trying to install on CentOS 5.4 with 64bit arch
 >

 > Can some one help me with this to go ahead ......

 Hello Sachin,

 seems for me, that "cmake" is not installed. Maybe you might want to
check, if
 the required package is installed?

 I do not know CentOS, as I am using debian, but I suppose, there is a way
 find out in CentOS as well.

 Good luck!

 Hans-J. Ullrich

Links: