On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 3:19 AM, Samuel Raj <s...@glenwoodsystems.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am able to install the latest OpenVAS-7 using the atomic repo using yum.
>
> These packages are installed
> openvas-manager-5.0.2-18.el6.art.x86_64
> openvas-1.0-9.el6.art.noarch
> openvas-scanner-3.4.1-8.el6.art.x86_64
> openvas-libraries-7.0.2-10.el6.art.x86_64
> openvas-cli-1.2.0-4.el6.art.x86_64
>
> When I run openvas-setup I am getting
>
> Openvas Setup, Version: 0.3
>

> Step 1: Update NVT's and SCAP data
> Please note this step could take some time.
> Once completed, NVT's and SCAP data will be updated automatically every 24
> hours
>
> Updating NVTs....
> openvassd: error while loading shared libraries: libopenvas_misc.so.6:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory [i] This script
> synchronizes an NVT collection with the 'OpenVAS NVT Feed'.
> [i] The 'OpenVAS NVT Feed' is provided by 'The OpenVAS Project'.
> [i] Online information about this feed:
> 'http://www.openvas.org/openvas-nvt-feed.html'.
> [i] NVT dir:
> [i] rsync is not recommended for the initial sync. Falling back on http.
> [i] Will use wget
> [i] Using GNU wget: /usr/bin/wget
> [i] Configured NVT http feed:
> http://www.openvas.org/openvas-nvt-feed-current.tar.bz2
> [i] Downloading to:
> /tmp/openvas-nvt-sync.JyIpB9hOEG/openvas-feed-2014-06-18-16931.tar.bz2
> mkdir: cannot create directory `': No such file or directory [i] Checking
> dir: ok [i] Checking MD5 checksum: /usr/bin/md5sum: /md5sums: No such file
> or directory not ok
> Error: md5sums not correct. Your NVT collection might be broken now.
> Please try this for details: cd "" ; /usr/bin/md5sum -c "/md5sums" | less

Actually, Atomic's openvas repo is a no-go app. Problem with
openvas-nvt-sync script is easy to resolve: setup a path for NVT_PATH
option under /etc/sysconfig/openvas-scanner.

But, after you update NVT, openvas-scanner doesn't works. Why??
Because it is compiled against Openvas-6 libraries, but as you can
see, atomic's repo installs openvas-7 libraries. And you can't change
this also because openvas-manager is compiled against openvas-7
libraries. Result? Atomic's openvas packages doesn't works under
CentOS 6.5 x86_64 ...

I don't know others, but every time I had tried to use some package
from Atomic's repo, I have had many problems ....

Bye.