> That did it... tasks are visible now, but the user does still not see any
> applied notes and overrides.

Yes, that is how it works currently.

> Anyone who can help here?

This is not yet properly catered for.  You could give the user permission
on the specific override/note on the Permissions page, but I have not yet
tested if that will actually apply the override/note to the reports for the
observer.

> > In my not huge amount of v7 experience, observers have to be added
> > to tasks via omp/api (apologizies if not said correctly).
> > I did it like this...but observers are limited in what they can do...

Observers are provided via permissions in OpenVAS 7.

On the Task Details page in GSA in the Permissions window at the bottom,
there is an input "Grant read permissions to".  You can enter the user name
here and click the new icon, to make the user an observer of the task.

--
Greenbone Networks GmbH