Okay I did that and the install seemed to at least have me do more things this
time around, but how long should the "Rebuilding NVT cache..." take?
Here's the steps I took to remove and then reinstall.  Let me know if I missed
anything.

# yum remove openvas openvas-cli openvas-cli-debuginfo openvas-gsa
openvas-libraries \
openvas-libraries-debuginfo openvas-libraries-devel openvas-libraries-doc \
openvas-manager openvas-manager-debuginfo openvas-scanner
openvas-scanner-debuginfo \
openvas-smb-debuginfo openvas-smb

# find / -name "openvas"
# rm -rf /etc/openvas/
# rm -rf /usr/include/openvas/
# rm -rf /usr/share/openvas/
# rm -rf /var/lib/openvas/
# rm -rf /var/log/openvas/
# rm -rf /var/cache/openvas/

# yum install openvas -y

I then ran the "openvas-check-setup" and it had me do the following.
# openvas-nvt-sync
# openvas-mkcert-client -n -i

It then gave me the error: ERROR No OpenVAS Manager database found. (Tried:
/var/lib/openvas/mgr/tasks.db)
Said my OpenVAS Scanner is NOT running, so I did the following:
# openvassd
I then waited for the NVT's to load before doing the following:
# openvasmd --rebuild --progress

And it's just sitting there so curious how long that takes?