Hi list,

I ran openvas-check-setup on debian/testing, but it did not work.

The problem: The script expects te redis-server sock in /tmp (/tmp/
redis.sock), but due to systemd, it is not possible to change the redis.conf
to create redis.sock in /tmp.

In debian, the redis.sock is created as /var/run/redis/redis.sock. I believe
any other directory will also do, but NOT /tmp.

A workaround is, to start redis-server, then manually create a symlink to /tmp
(ln -s /var/run/redis/redis.sock /tmp/redis.sock). Then rerun openvas-check-
setup.

I know, it is a debian related problem, but maybe you might want to offer a
debianized openvas-checkup-script (of course, experienced users are able to do
it themselves).

Dunno, if this is known, or discussed before, if so, please apologize the
noise.

Happy hacking and all the best

Hans-J. Ullrich