On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 2:59 AM, Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> Ah.  Here we go... trying to redefine WIN32 at the end of syshead.h
> shows what is happening:
>
> In file included from /usr/share/mingw-w64/include/windef.h:8:0,
>                  from /usr/share/mingw-w64/include/windows.h:69,
>                  from /usr/share/mingw-w64/include/winsock2.h:23,
>                  from ../../src/compat/compat.h:29,
>                  from syshead.h:28,
>
> so compat.h is pulling it via
>
> #ifdef HAVE_WINSOCK2_H
> #include <winsock2.h>
> #endif
>
> whee...

Yeah, to me that only confirms my feeling that #ifdef WIN32 is not
reliable. Much better to use _WIN32 which appears to be defined by all (?)
C compilers that support windows and doesn't require any particular header
to be included.
http://nadeausoftware.com/articles/2012/01/c_c_tip_how_
use_compiler_predefined_macros_detect_operating_system#
WindowsCygwinnonPOSIXandMinGW

Anyway, right now the priority being un-break building on windows, your v2
looks good. I'll test it and report back.

Thanks,

Selva