Hi,

On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 08:24:24AM -0500, Selva Nair wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 2:42 AM, Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de> wrote:
>
> >   if (a>0)
> >      { do_this(); }
> >   else
> >      { do_that(); }
> >

> In such cases I would normally skip all braces, in spite of all the
> arguments against it... But that's just me.

We've decided that we always want braces, "because apple goto bug",
but also because there's a slippery slope towards surprising bugs.

if (foo)
   return 3;
else
   if (bar)
       do_something(); return 2;
   else
       return 4;

(maybe a non-convincing example because "obviously buggy")

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de