On 08/12/16 23:45, David Sommerseth wrote:
> On 08/12/16 22:56, Selva Nair wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 4:15 PM, David Sommerseth
>> <open...@sf.lists.topphemmelig.net
>> <mailto:open...@sf.lists.topphemmelig.net>> wrote:
>>

>>     This is fairly inline with the initial agreement from the 2014 Munich
>>     hackathon [3] and the summarized CodeStyle wiki page [4].
>>
>>     This proposal allows for the "open bracing" question, which allows
>>     '} else {'  and '} else if () {'.
>>

>>     So now the bike shed debate opens up ... Is this something we can get
>>     consensus around?
>>
>>     And a few examples of reformatted files:
>>
>>      tun.c: <https://paste.fedoraproject.org/501999/81229253/
>>     <https://paste.fedoraproject.org/501999/81229253/>>
>>      ssl.c: <https://paste.fedoraproject.org/502010/22971814/
>>     <https://paste.fedoraproject.org/502010/22971814/>>
>>

>> Looks excellent.
>>
>> Yes, responding to the call for bikeshedding , some questions/comments:
>>
>> Reformatted tun.c has at least two instances of char* xxx, we want char
>> *xxx, right? So why not add some sp_xxx_ptr_star options.
>
> Good catch!  tun.c and ssl.c are the biggest files we have ... so there
> might be some details we've not spotted.  Uncrustify doesn't change
> things we don't tell it to change, so we just haven't spotted this.
>
> I agree, we should change to this.
>
>> Less of a concern at least for me is function_name (...) and
>> function_name(...) both appears to be allowed. Just because we can do
>> it, why not add some sp_func_xxxx_paren options to normalize those..
>
> I agree to consistency.  And Steffan already suggested what I was about
> to suggest.  I'll send an updated config file soonish too.

Steffan was more clever and updated the wiki page.

I just spotted in ssl.c that we need sp_assign=add.

[ ssl.c, tls1_PRF() ]
    len = slen/2;
    S1 = sec;
    S2 = &(sec[len]);
    len += (slen&1); /* add for odd, make longer */

I believe we've agreed on spaces around assignments.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth
OpenVPN Technologies, Inc