> On 17/07/2017 15:07, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > On Fri, 2017-07-14 at 17:07 +0300, Samuli Seppänen wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Those of you who use pkcs11 on Windows: could you please test this new
> >> Windows installer:
> >>

> >> The previous installer(s) had pkcs11-helper 1.11. This one has 1.22, so
> >> some regression testing would be good to have.
> >
> > Please include the pkcs11-helper patch from
> > https://github.com/OpenSC/pkcs11-helper/pull/4 to make it support using
> > RFC7512 PKCS#11 URIs to specify certificates/keys instead of its own
> > non-standard identifiers.
> >
> > (It still accepts the old form, for compatibility).
> >

> I released the new Windows installer but without this patch. That said,
> the patch/PR you linked to makes sense. Does the patch have an active
> maintainer? If yes, then I propose is that we
>
> - Fork OpenSC/pkcs11-helper to OpenVPN/pkcs11-helper
> - Apply the patch to our fork
> - Produce and publish our own pkcs11-helper tarballs
> - Point openvpn-build to our tarballs
> - Periodically rebase our fork with upstream
>
> Thoughts?

well, I think we should unify build events across all projects.
i.e. openvpn should be built the same way no matter who builds (openvpn
itself, openvpn-build, travis ci or whatever).

that said, I think such build events should go to openvpn's Makefile.
and we will need to update things in the single place (currently - a lot of
places).

another idea is to rework the patch and merge it into the main fork.