Hi

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 9:24 AM Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 08:55:41PM -0500, selva.n...@gmail.com wrote:
> > From: Selva Nair <selva.n...@gmail.com>
> >
> > - Add a new return value (-2) for openvpn_execve() when external
> > program execution is not allowed due to a low script-security
> > setting.
> >
> > - Add a corresponding error message
>
> I find this a useful way forward (because it will not introduce new FATALs
> where we had none before, just make the errors more clear).
>
> Since David had reservations on the other patch, I want to have explicit
> agreement from him before going on - and will poke on IRC to make sure I
> get attention.

Just to be explicit:

Since David pointed out the "regressive" nature of the earlier patch, I too
have
reservations about it, and prefer this approach.

Nevertheless, as we agreed to tag 2.4.7 *today* to make the release tomorrow
> and meet the Debian deadline, I will not include this in 2.4.7.

The planned script-security over-ride feature in the GUI is pretty
intrusive. Taking
time to give it more thought, and preferably get some user feedback, is not
a bad thing.

Selva