On 29/11/2019 12:37, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 12:25:13PM +0100, David Sommerseth wrote:
>>>
>>> This is about as old as you :-) - do we care about suppressing warnings
>>> in old gcc versions that might suppress a *relevant* warning when
>>> compiling with a current gcc version?
>>
>> This is the default compiler on stock RHEL-7 ... which goes EOL August 2024.
>
> We're not going to break it.
>
> I'm just not going to care very much about the warnings it might throw
> (and I might object to any patches that are "just for the benefit of
> suppressing warnings from gcc-4").

Fair enough.  But that will actually restrain us from adding -Werror by
default for some time forward, unless we want to make package maintenance a
bit more tricky - needing to revert a -Werror chage or add
-Wno-missing-braces.  If we have status quo for the moment, I can live with
that until RHEL-7 is EOL.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth