Hi Marvin,

This is the wrong thread, but...

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 7:54 PM Marvin <volleynb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I just tested beta3 on Win10.  I am getting the exact same error with
> wintun as before.  TAP works normally.  I tried with the GUI and by cli.

The GUI never generated this error even before beta3, so not sure what you
are doing wrong. Ensure that the interactive service is running (that's the
default) and  GUI is not started with admin privileges (do not start the
GUI from an elevated command line or using run as admin).

For cli you will get this error unless you use some utility like psexec to
elevate to SYSTEM.

For connections started at boot using OpenVPNService (not the same as the
interactive service used by the GUI) beta3 should work. There was a bug
that affected this use case which was fixed in beta3.

> 2020-09-09 16:23:20 us=991306 ERROR:  Wintun requires SYSTEM privileges
> and therefore should be used with interactive service. If you want to use
> openvpn from command line, you need to do SYSTEM elevation yourself (for
> example with psexec).
> 2020-09-09 16:23:20 us=991306 Exiting due to fatal error

If you got this error running from the command line as SYSTEM please check
the logs to be sure its beta3.

Selva