Selva,

Please allow me to back up a moment and restate this:
1.  I installed the beta3 msi from the web site logged in as a user that has
admin privileges.  But no elevation was used to install it, just double-click
on the file.
2.  I only used the GUI as installed, with no elevation, to start OpenVPN.
3.  With TAP selected in my .ovpn config file, everything works normally.
4.  I am reporting that (from the same login) if I change the .ovpn to use
wintun (all edits done through the GUI selection), it fails with the error I
showed below.

Is 4. what you are saying is not supported?  In our use, as we have done for
the past decade, the client boxes are used for M2M monitoring.  OpenVPN has to
connect on bootup (.ovpn config file contains inline certificates) regardless
if there is a user logged in or not as M2M monitoring occurs in the background.
 And if a user does login, most often it is with credentials that have admin
privileges.  I am trying to understand if what you’re telling me is that this
will no longer work, or if we will need to do something different now?  My
testing used the GUI to see how things will work with wintun so we can continue
testing.

Do I need to NOT use the GUI to get wintun to work?

Marvin