I actually managed to get it figured out now.

I did multiple reinstalls making sure that I selected to have the openvpn
service installed. None of that seemed to work.

I finally went into the properties of that service and specified a user and
password to use to run the service. Then it worked! The user I chose is the
same one I am logged in as. Is that a bug of some kind? Why should I have to do
that?

Thanks!

Austin Witmer