Hi,

On 02/10/2022 11:14, David W Graham wrote:
I've only been following this loosely, and may have missed the clear
statement. I apologise for that.

Windows 10 is inherently IPV6, and IPV4 is only bolted on. That has
occasional odd effects with routing (and with network timeouts and
discovery and other stuff), where the IPV4 follows an IPV6 state
instead of the expected result.

Have you tried all this with all IPV6 turned off at both ends?

Thank you for the suggestion. I've had weird routing and dns issues in the past on Windows because of IPv6 - so now I disable it everywhere. So the answer is yes, on the client side ipv6 is disabled both on the ethernet interface and openvpn. On the server it isn't disabled. If I remember correctly it would need a server reboot to do this, so I have to catch a window of opportunity when I can restart the server and then test things again and post here