On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 19:14:42 +0200
"Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar.ad...@team-embedded.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After a recent upgrade to latest Backfire I bumped into an interesting
> problem.
>
> If a target has a /etc/config/fstab file in its base-files
> (target/linux/$(TARGET)/base-files/etc/config/fstab) and has
> block-mount as package enabled, it will get the fstab file from the
> block-mount package instead of the one under target/linux.

Ok, let me see if I understand what you are seeing first.  When you say
block-mount as package you mean that it is NOT installed into the
image, but rather as a separate package to be installed later?

> This looks to me like a regression, as first of all, it didn't happen
> in earlier backfire versions, and second, it seems pretty unlogical.

> I can work around it for now by removed the 'conffiles' definition
> from the block-mount package, so it won't be installed as part of the
> package, but I agree that isn't the proper fix.

Do you also remove the $(INTALL_DATA) ./files/fstab.config
$(1)/etc/config/fstab ?

If not then the file should still be installed regardless of the
conffiles.  AFAIK conffiles just says don't overwrite if it already
exists.

Regards,

Daniel

--
<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping,
it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it