On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 20:09:07 +0200
"Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar.ad...@team-embedded.nl> wrote:

> > Do you also remove the $(INTALL_DATA) ./files/fstab.config
> > $(1)/etc/config/fstab ?
> >
> > If not then the file should still be installed regardless of the
> > conffiles.  AFAIK conffiles just says don't overwrite if it already
> > exists.
>
> No, I had to remove the fstab install line as well, to get it to
> behave. I thought I hadn't when I wrote the mail, hence the confusion.
>
> For some reason, the fstab of block-mount get precedence over any
> other. I can hardly imagine this is wanted behavior ;-)

Actually this is normal.  Order is base-files, then target/base-files,
then packages.  It's doing target/base-files/etc/config/fstab that is
wrong because block-mount is not base-files.  It looks like a
target-specific hack to block-mount is needed, because there is no
mechanism for target-specific overrides to packages other than
base-files.

--
<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping,
it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it