On 5 April 2011 14:00, Jonas Gorski <jonas.gorski+open...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I talked with the Lantiq guys, and they said there should be
> differences in the default reset values of some registers, so only
> indirect hints. Probably you should dump the (default) register values
> of the FC and the M and compare them and try to find a difference
> (best if it's some RO register).

Good candidates are the Queue Weight/IGMP registers 0x25 to 0x27 - The
bits 12 to 15 are read only on the FC, but writable on the M, so a
test if they can be modified should tell whether it's a FC. Also the
registers default to 0x2000/4000/8000 on the FC, while the default on
the M is 0x1000 for all three.

Regards
Jonas