On 08/05/11 10:48, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Al 08/05/11 10:33, En/na John Crispin ha escrit:
>

>> if it was 29 on ifxmips/ it will be 29 on lantiq/. only the stp and ebu
>> gpios were mapped to new offsets. the first 32 gpios stayed the same.
>
> Not related to the original question, but where I could find some
> documentation
> on stp/ebu, what they are and how do they work?
> There are some leds on my router that aren't tied to the "normal" GPIOs and
> I'd like to know how to drive them, maybe they are related to this stp/ebu
> thing?
>
> Bye

STP - serial to parallel
it is a setup where 3 pins are attached to a shift register or cascade
thereof. it can go 24 bit deep. the xway socs have a few registers to
control this. the actual magic of clocking the data out on the SPI into
the shift registers is done by the IP core. the user only defines which
led should be on. there is also a magic register to tell the leds to
blink at 1 2 4 8 hz. a common chip used fotr this is the 74*595

EBU - external bus unit
similar to STP but parallel. the xway has 4 x 16 bit ioport ranges that
can be mapped to a special memory location. data written to that
location is that physically written to the D0-15 lines on the memory
bus. in addition a CS line is toggled. this allows you to use a 8-16bit
latch to latch out the data. a common chip used for this is 74*373