20.01.2012 17:10, Alexander Gordeev:
[...]
However, there were at least several attempts to push dwc-otg to
mainline through linuxppc-dev list. This is what I meant.

Ah, ok. AFAICS the thing on linuxppc-dev failed totally, and I can see good reasons why. (It was based on an outdated version, only targeted very limited set of devices and one single platform, lacked devel history, mixed driver code with some ppc platform stuff, etc etc)
However, maybe I'll try to examine it too (if time permits)

The only excuse I'd see for creating yet another repository is if it
appears too hard (or too long) to get stuff accepted to openwrt (AFAICS
openwrt maintainers are somewhat overburdened already, but no idea how
much really)

I think the real goal is to have this driver in the mainline kernel and

Yes.

then it will be in openwrt automatically. Ok, it would be cool to merge
at least those several implementations inside openwrt (octeon,
ramips, etc). But there are others too so I think this attempt should
not be bound to Openwrt or any other project or we will always find
different drivers all other the net.

Well, openwrt targets many different devices and tries to keep close to mainline. It is even no problem generally to borrow some driver from openwrt tree for a platform which openwrt does not immediately target yet (and that's what I do right now actually). There might be some more complications with preparing and submitting patches in such case though. But still, I think it'd be a step towards mainline.

Thank you.
Nikolai