Hi,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 03:23:50PM +0200, Emmanuel Deloget wrote:
> There is no evidence that a pure B2B or B2C market will deplete the
> IPv4 address space any time soon. The only problem with the IPv4 address
> space is that it's too small for M2M communication.

Asia-PAC has *already* run out of IPv4 addresses at the RIR (APNIC)
in May 2011, and the first Telcos are *already* not giving their customers
IPv4 addresses anymore.  RIPE land (Europe and near East) will run
out approximately in August, and the first large-scale carriers are
already buying and deploying carrier-grade NAT44 boxes to work around
IPv4 shortage.

I'm perfectly fine with people not liking IPv6 for a number of reasons
(I have my own list), but this isn't going to change the numbers.
7 billion humans on earth, 4 billion IPv4 addresses - whatever we do, it
will just delay the inevitable ("rearranging deck chairs on the titanic").

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de