On 04/28/2012 01:58 PM, Alberich de megres wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> I'm newbie at openwrt, since now I've used allways boards with jtag.
> I have a cisco e3000 router, which I bought some time ago, and I think
> is time to give it a try with openwrt.
>
> I saw there's no official build for the router, but some promising
> test. My question is how you test/develop the kernel for this routers?
>
> Let's suppose I don't have the jtag access, and normally we don't hit
> with the first try (on a new kernel porting) a full working kernel.
> How you test those new kernels?
>
> Thanks!!!
> Alberich

Hi Alberich,

The Cisco e3000 uses the BCM4718 chip [0] which is partly supported by
OpenWrt trunk, the generic image should work. OpenWrt should boot on
your device and 2.4 GHz WLAN should work with 802.11g speed, 802.11n
speed could work with broadcom-wl, I am currently working on getting
brcmsmac to work on that SoC. But we do not have Ethernet support for
that chip, someone has to implement this spec [1].

Hauke

[0]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_routers#E3000
[1]: http://bcm-v4.sipsolutions.net/mac-gbit